Health, Safety and Hygiene
At Jumeriah International Nurseries, we care for your child like you do. The health, safety, security, and wellbeing of your child is our top priority.
We follow extensive Covid-19 measures at our Nurseries and have been commended by the Ministry of Education for the strict preventive measure in place. Please view our Reopening policies and procedures guidelines here.
In addition to this, you may wish to learn more about our other policies below.
- Our playground equipment is safe and sturdy and tested monthly by our facilities technicians to ensure it is secure and in good working order.
- We have safe fall-zones with soft landing areas if your child takes a tumble.
- All outside play areas are wrapped in secure fencing.
SECURITY & AUTHORISATION
- All the premises are secured so that only authorised staff and families enter.
- Safe, secure perimeters ensure that children can enjoy outdoor play safely.
- We use safety gates, window guards (except fire escapes) and cap all electrical outlets.
- The Nurseries are equipped with smoke detectors and fire extinguishers.
- We clean each day with safe, non-toxic cleaning products.
- Cleaning supplies are locked safely out of the reach of children.
- We encourage children to wash their hands throughout the day by singing songs and teaching lessons about health and hygiene.
- Diapering is conducted in an area separate from the children’s play areas.
SICKNESS & MEDICATION
- We assess every child’s health by talking with parents and monitoring our children for symptoms during the course of the day. We increase assessment during flu season.
- We notify parents when a child does not feel well to help prevent an illness from spreading.
- We have strict policies for administering medication to the children, only when prescribed by our parents and their doctors.
- Based on new research about healthy practices for infants and toddlers, to ensure your child’s safety, we require a doctor’s note for any prescription or over-the-counter medication if the child is under 2 years of age.
- All medications are dispensed by a qualified in-house Nurse.
- We have emergency evacuation protocols at each branch.
- We don’t just have a plan, we regularly test and train our staff so they are evacuation ready.
Within all of our JINS Nurseries, we are continually conducting regular risk assessments on all aspects of the Nursery operation including intimate care and reviewing the safeguards in place. The Nursery has assessed all the risks relating to intimate care routines and has placed appropriate safeguards in place to ensure the safety of all involved.
Risk assessments have been conducted within all areas of the Nursery, including rooms, activities, outdoor areas, resources, and cleaning equipment. All outings away from the Nursery will include a prior risk assessment.